Recruitment to the first wave of INTERACT’s study in Victoria is now closed. To stay informed about INTERACT’s research and opportunities to participate in future studies, hit the green button above to join our mailing list.
Victoria is on a journey to becoming one of the best small cities for cycling in the world, and we’re along for the ride.
This spring, INTERACT is launching a five-year study to uncover how the implementation of Victoria’s All Ages and Abilities (AAA) Bike Network is impacting physical activity, social participation, and wellbeing – and whether these impacts are felt equally across different socioeconomic groups.
We are currently recruiting adults who bike in Victoria to help us learn how the AAA Bike Network influences your cycling patterns and engagement in everyday city life. Participating is a rare opportunity to contribute to innovative research that will guide and inspire our cities to be healthier places for all Canadians.
What are the benefits?
- Join a national community of scientists, urban planners, and engaged citizens with a common interest in the design of healthy and equitable cities.
- Contribute to innovative research that will help cities like Victoria make smart planning decisions that support population health.
- Receive a small gift card as a token of appreciation for your time in each year of the study.
- Online and flexible participation options.
What will I do?
As a participant you will be invited to:
• Complete two online surveys
• Collect locational data through a mobile phone app or wearable device
Data collection will take place three times over the next five years, beginning this spring (2017).
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to participate if:
- You are age 18 years or older;
- You ride a bike at least once a month within the City of Victoria; and
- You currently do not have plans to move away from the Capital Region in the next 2 years.